Dentures are removable appliances that replace missing teeth and help to bring back your smile. Dr. Rezaiyan at Spring Dental Associates in Silver Spring, MD can replace missing teeth lost from gum disease, tooth decay or an injury with either a full or partial denture depending on how many teeth are missing.
Benefits of Dentures—
- Improves your oral health from further gum disease and infected and decayed teeth.
- Once you lose your teeth, your facial muscles will begin to sag. Dentures fill out the appearance of your face which can make you look younger.
- Can resemble your natural teeth, so your appearance doesn’t change much.
- Improves your smile.
Types of Dentures—
- Conventional. This is a full removable denture that is made and placed in your mouth by your dentist in Silver Spring, MD once the remaining teeth have been removed and the tissue has healed.
- Immediate. This type of denture is placed in your mouth the same day that your remaining teeth are removed. You will schedule an appointment with your Silver Spring, MD dentist who will take measurements and make models of your jaw. Your denture will then be made and ready the same day you have the remaining teeth pulled so your dentist in Silver Spring, MD can place your dentures in your mouth. This way you do not have to go without teeth during your healing process. After your jaws heal, you may need to have your dentures relined or remade by your dentist in Silver Spring, MD.
Your dentures might feel a little awkward for the first couple of weeks while you are adjusting to them. They may feel lose until the muscles of your cheek and tongue learn to keep them in place. You might also experience some irritation and soreness. Your saliva flow may increase somewhat until you get used to wearing your new dentures, but this will soon go away.
Dr. Rezaiyan at Spring Dental Associates in Silver Spring, MD will want you to come back for a follow-up visit. At this time, Dr. Resaiyan will check to see if the denture fits correctly or if it may need to be adjusted. If you have any problems before your return visit, be sure to call the office at Spring Dental Associates in Silver Spring, MD so his dental staff can get you into the office sooner.