A regular dental teeth cleaning and exam in Silver Spring, MD and simple dental care habits at home is the front line to good dental care to prevent dental problems and maintain the health of your teeth.
Reasons for Dental Teeth Cleanings
- Prevent Oral Cancer. During your teeth cleaning, your dentist is also screening for oral cancer which is curable if diagnosed early.
- Prevent Gum Disease. Gum disease if caught in the gingivitis state can be treated and reversed. If not caught early, periodontitis may follow which is a more serious and advanced stage of gum disease. Regular teeth cleanings in Silver Spring, MD along with daily brushing and flossing twice a day can prevent gum disease.
- Maintain Good Oral and Physical Health. A dental teeth cleaning every six months in Silver Spring, MD helps to maintain healthy teeth and gums reducing your risk of heart disease and strokes.
- Prevent Tooth Loss. Gum disease is one of the leading causes of tooth loss in adults in Silver Spring, MD. Regular dental checkups and a professional teeth cleaning along with daily brushing and flossing are vital to preventing tooth loss. Keeping your teeth helps you to be able to chew food better and is better for your overall health.
- Prevent Bad Breath. Most people with halitosis, bad breath, have a dental problem causing bad breath. Regular checkups and teeth cleanings in Silver Spring, MD are the best way to prevent problems with bad breath.
- Brighter and Whiter Smile. A professional teeth cleaning in Silver Spring, MD will allow your dental hygienist to remove most tobacco, coffee, and tea stains. Your dental hygienist will also polish your teeth to a brighter and whiter smile.
You should spend at least two to three minutes, twice daily brushing and flossing your teeth. Brush your teeth gently. Apply just enough pressure to feel the bristles against your gums and between your teeth to avoid gum injury and tooth wear. Change your toothbrush every three months or if it begins to look worn. Always change your toothbrush after you have been sick.
Regular brushing and flossing twice a day and visiting your dentist in Silver Spring, MD for a professional teeth cleaning and exam can prevent future dental problems.