Professional teeth whitening by Dr. Rezaiyan at Spring Dental Associates is one of the most popular cosmetic dental treatments he offers his dental patients in Silver Spring, MD. The use of a comparatively high concentration of bleaching gel is carefully monitored, unlike in-home use systems which use low-dose bleaching gel that are unsupervised.
The most significant benefit to in-office professional teeth whitening treatments in Silver Spring, MD is the immediate results. A professional teeth whitening treatment entails the following—
- The gums are first protected against irritation from the bleaching gel with a paint-on rubber dam.
- The bleaching gel which contains hydrogen peroxide is then applied to the teeth and left on for about 15-30 minutes.
- Afterwards, the bleaching gel is then suctioned and washed off.
- Repeatedly, fresh gel is applied and removed for one or more further 15-30 minutes treatments.
- Depending on the professional teeth whitening treatment used by your dentist in Silver Spring, MD, some entail having a light focused on the teeth to activate the bleaching process.
- In between each application of the bleaching gel, your Silver Spring, MD dentist will closely monitor your teeth to see whether another application is necessary.
- Once the final application has been applied and set for the correct amount of time necessary, you will need to rinse your mouth. Your Silver Spring, MD dentist will then measure the shade variation of your teeth. The shade difference that professional teeth whitening can bring can be anywhere from two to three shades whiter up till eight shades whiter.
The actual color shade will not be revealed for several days. Because of dehydration, which is part of the professional teeth whitening effect during the bleaching process, your teeth will look someone whiter immediately after the procedure.
After the professional teeth whitening, Dr. Rezaiyan at Spring Dental Associates in Silver Spring, MD will examine your teeth. If the acceptable level of professional teeth whitening has not been accomplished, he might recommend either a follow-up for another in-office bleaching at Spring Dental Associates in or custom fitted take-home bleaching trays which are designed just for you to use at your Silver Spring, MD home.
In-office teeth whitening offered near Forest Glen, MD is the most popular cosmetic dental procedure for a brighter smile. When you have a teeth whitening treatment in a Forest Glen, MD dental office it is carefully monitored allowing for a safe, controlled and pain-free use of a higher concentration of bleaching gel which has instant results. These types of results you cannot get from an in-home method.
There are advantages and disadvantages of an in-office professional teeth whitening including:
- Fast results.
- Safest form of bleaching.
- Tooth sensitivity is more controlled today with thicker peroxide gels that don’t soak into the teeth as previous gels and with the use of potassium nitrate and fluoride desensitizers.
- More expensive than take-home alternatives.
- Results are unpredictable because of age, heredity, and the particular stain you are dealing with
- In-office teeth whitening are not permanent solutions. Most dentists near Forest Glen, MD recommend home maintenance with a lower percentage of bleach which can be kept on teeth longer.
Certain stains are best removed by your Forest Glen, MD dentist. These include:
- Certain food consumptions including tea, coffee, red wine, sodas, dark-colored fruits, and vegetables.
- Use of tobacco products.
Stains that are resistant to in-office teeth whitening include:
- Stains that are inorganic, sometimes these teeth will look darker after the surrounding teeth have been whitened.
- Trauma that has caused the dentin to darken.
- Tetracycline antibiotics taken during tooth formation.
- Fluorosis, a tooth discoloration from overexposure to fluoride.
Forest Glen, MD dental patients are now having teeth whitening treatments for most any special occasion that arises in their busy lives such as weddings, graduations, job interviews, awards banquet, event speaker, holiday gatherings, reunions, homecoming dance, and proms. Most people near Forest Glen, MD want to look their absolute best for special occasions so that they are not embarrassed to express their smile. Teeth whitening can give you more confidence in yourself to know that your teeth look great so that you can give your best smile.
A professional teeth whitening has become one of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures at the Spring Dental Associates in Silver Spring, MD. Dr. Nima Rezaiyan wants the best for your oral health and wants you to have the whitest smile possible. With in-office teeth whitening in Silver Spring, MD you will see immediate results.
Dentists in Silver Spring, MD use professional grade teeth whitening system and dental laser technology to rejuvenate your smile in just one visit. If you have excessive staining and discoloration, you might need to be treated with a take-home teeth whitening system monitored by your dentist.
Advantages of Teeth Whitening
- This is the safest form of bleaching.
- It produces immediate results.
Disadvantages of Teeth Whitening
- In-office teeth whitening systems are more expensive than take-home alternatives and over-the-counter bleaching strips or trays.
- Results from home whitening products are unpredictable. Results depend on your age and the type of staining.
An in-office teeth whitening removes discolorations that are caused by:
- Age. As people age their teeth darken with a yellow, brown, green or gray cast that comes from the food you eat and can be caused by heredity.
- Foods such as coffee, red wine, tea, sodas, and dark-colored fruits and vegetables.
- Tobacco use.
Stains Resistant to In-office Teeth Whitening
- Tetracycline antibiotics taken during tooth formation chemically bind with the crystalline structure of the tooth enamel and underlying dentin.
- Trauma can cause the dentin to darken.
- Being overly exposed to fluoride causes tooth discoloration.
Non-candidate for In-Office Teeth Whitening
- People in Silver Spring, MD whose teeth and gums are sensitive are not a good candidate for in-office teeth whitening. Your dentist may suggest take-home bleaching trays.
- Teeth that have become transparent with age, especially the front teeth because they are thinner than your other teeth.
- Deep staining may be resistant to high-concentrate in-office bleaches and may require in-home bleaching or alternatives such as bonding, crowns, or veneers.
Whatever teeth whitening procedure Dr. Rezaiyan at Spring Dental Associates in Silver Spring, MD recommends, he will give you the best options for your teeth.