A professional teeth whitening has become one of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures at the Spring Dental Associates in Silver Spring, MD. Dr. Nima Rezaiyan wants the best for your oral health and wants you to have the whitest smile possible. With in-office teeth whitening in Silver Spring, MD you will see immediate results.
Dentists in Silver Spring, MD use professional grade teeth whitening system and dental laser technology to rejuvenate your smile in just one visit. If you have excessive staining and discoloration, you might need to be treated with a take-home teeth whitening system monitored by your dentist.
Advantages of Teeth Whitening
- This is the safest form of bleaching.
- It produces immediate results.
Disadvantages of Teeth Whitening
- In-office teeth whitening systems are more expensive than take-home alternatives and over-the-counter bleaching strips or trays.
- Results from home whitening products are unpredictable. Results depend on your age and the type of staining.
An in-office teeth whitening removes discolorations that are caused by:
- Age. As people age their teeth darken with a yellow, brown, green or gray cast that comes from the food you eat and can be caused by heredity.
- Foods such as coffee, red wine, tea, sodas, and dark-colored fruits and vegetables.
- Tobacco use.
Stains Resistant to In-office Teeth Whitening
- Tetracycline antibiotics taken during tooth formation chemically bind with the crystalline structure of the tooth enamel and underlying dentin.
- Trauma can cause the dentin to darken.
- Being overly exposed to fluoride causes tooth discoloration.
Non-candidate for In-Office Teeth Whitening
- People in Silver Spring, MD whose teeth and gums are sensitive are not a good candidate for in-office teeth whitening. Your dentist may suggest take-home bleaching trays.
- Teeth that have become transparent with age, especially the front teeth because they are thinner than your other teeth.
- Deep staining may be resistant to high-concentrate in-office bleaches and may require in-home bleaching or alternatives such as bonding, crowns, or veneers.
Whatever teeth whitening procedure Dr. Rezaiyan at Spring Dental Associates in Silver Spring, MD recommends, he will give you the best options for your teeth.