In-office teeth whitening offered near Forest Glen, MD is the most popular cosmetic dental procedure for a brighter smile. When you have a teeth whitening treatment in a Forest Glen, MD dental office it is carefully monitored allowing for a safe, controlled and pain-free use of a higher concentration of bleaching gel which has instant results. These types of results you cannot get from an in-home method.
There are advantages and disadvantages of an in-office professional teeth whitening including:
- Fast results.
- Safest form of bleaching.
- Tooth sensitivity is more controlled today with thicker peroxide gels that don’t soak into the teeth as previous gels and with the use of potassium nitrate and fluoride desensitizers.
- More expensive than take-home alternatives.
- Results are unpredictable because of age, heredity, and the particular stain you are dealing with
- In-office teeth whitening are not permanent solutions. Most dentists near Forest Glen, MD recommend home maintenance with a lower percentage of bleach which can be kept on teeth longer.
Certain stains are best removed by your Forest Glen, MD dentist. These include:
- Certain food consumptions including tea, coffee, red wine, sodas, dark-colored fruits, and vegetables.
- Use of tobacco products.
Stains that are resistant to in-office teeth whitening include:
- Stains that are inorganic, sometimes these teeth will look darker after the surrounding teeth have been whitened.
- Trauma that has caused the dentin to darken.
- Tetracycline antibiotics taken during tooth formation.
- Fluorosis, a tooth discoloration from overexposure to fluoride.
Forest Glen, MD dental patients are now having teeth whitening treatments for most any special occasion that arises in their busy lives such as weddings, graduations, job interviews, awards banquet, event speaker, holiday gatherings, reunions, homecoming dance, and proms. Most people near Forest Glen, MD want to look their absolute best for special occasions so that they are not embarrassed to express their smile. Teeth whitening can give you more confidence in yourself to know that your teeth look great so that you can give your best smile.